Severe query: is there something higher than layers of roasted veggies, noodles and cheese piled excessive and effervescent sizzling? Didn’t suppose so. Ever since I made my well-known turkey lasagna years in the past I’ve been in LOVE with creating deliciously savory, cozy lasagna recipes that heat you up from the within out.
To rejoice fall and all issues consolation meals, I needed to reshare this unimaginable roasted vegetable butternut squash lasagna full of all the things you possibly can need in a comforting dinner. There are 5 various kinds of veggies roasted to perfection and snuggled between layers of noodles, cheese, and two sorts of sauce. As an alternative of purple sauce, we’re making a candy & savory spiced butternut squash sauce, plus a conventional ricotta layer. All I can say is HOT DAMN this may simply be your new fav lasagna recipe that simply so occurs to be vegetarian.
I included loads of methods to prep it forward of time and even freeze it earlier than or after baking in an effort to have a beautiful dinner very quickly in any respect. Completely happy cooking!
What you’ll must make this butternut squash lasagna
This scrumptious roasted vegetable lasagna is layered up with lovely roasted veggies, a basic ricotta combination, candy & savory butternut squash, and naturally, loads of melted cheese. It’s really the proper vegetarian consolation meals! Right here’s all the things you’ll must make it:
- For the roasted veggies: we’re utilizing purple bell pepper, yellow pepper, purple onion, child bella mushrooms and zucchini. A real rainbow of veggies on this lasagna! You’ll roast them up with olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- For the butternut squash: the squash will create a creamy, flavorful sauce layer as an alternative of utilizing conventional tomato sauce within the lasagna. You’ll begin by roasting a big butternut squash (get all of our suggestions & methods for prepping your squash right here!) then mixing the flesh with milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, salt and pepper.
- For the noodles: you’ll after all want some lasagna noodles to layer all of it up!
- For the ricotta combination: we’re alternating the veggies and butternut squash sauce with a savory ricotta layer created from ricotta, an egg, salt and pepper. Straightforward.
- For the layers: what’s lasagna with out melty cheese? I like to make use of shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan.
- To garnish: add a sprinkle of contemporary chopped parsley for a wonderful garnish.
Straightforward methods to customise
Out of some components? Right here’s what I can advocate substituting and customizing on this roasted vegetable lasagna recipe:
- Select your veggies. Be at liberty to combine and match the roasted veggies with any you will have readily available, or use extra of 1 veggie than one other! You actually can’t go mistaken.
- Go gluten free. You may also make this recipe gluten free through the use of gluten free lasagna noodles.
- Simplify the spices. Out of any of the warming spices? Be at liberty to make use of a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice as an alternative!
- Swap the squash. I like the flavour that butternut squash provides to the comfy sauce, however roasted candy potato ought to work effectively or you’ll be able to attempt my pumpkin lasagna.
Can I take advantage of no-cook lasagna noodles?
I don’t love utilizing no-cook noodles as a result of they have a tendency to have a distinct texture, however should you’re in a pinch (or solely have no-cook readily available) be happy to make use of them!
Our greatest lasagna-making suggestions
Do-it-yourself lasagna could look a bit intimidating due to all the totally different elements, however with the following pointers & methods you’ll be making the BEST roasted veggie butternut squash lasagna like a professional:
- Don’t overcook the noodles. Be certain that to boil the noodles simply till al dente, not totally cooked as a result of they’ll cook dinner extra whenever you bake your entire lasagna. Nobody likes mushy noodles!
- Use room temperature ricotta. The ricotta combination is best to combine with room temp components, so I counsel letting the container of ricotta and the egg sit out a bit to return to room temp.
- Pre-cook layers to save lots of time. This butternut squash lasagna is straightforward to make however it’s a bit time-intensive, so be happy to chop down on the prep and cooking by r0asting the veggies and butternut squash as much as 3 days forward of time! Get all of our suggestions for roasting butternut squash right here!
Prep this lasagna forward of time
This roasted vegetable butternut squash lasagna is the proper make-ahead meal to serve a vegetarian crowd (and makes wonderful leftovers!) To make it forward of time merely assemble the lasagna utterly as directed, cowl and place it within the fridge at some point earlier than serving. It’s the proper solution to save time should you’re making this for Thanksgiving. Once you’re able to serve, bake it up as directed and revel in!
Two methods to freeze butternut squash lasagna
This simple roasted vegetable lasagna recipe makes the very best freezer-friendly meal! Listed below are two nice methods to freeze it:
- Bake first, then freeze. You possibly can both bake it first, then cool to room temperature, slice into servings, place in freezer secure containers after which freeze. Or you’ll be able to bake it, carry it to room temp, after which freeze your entire pan. Simply be sure to double wrap it so the lasagna doesn’t dry out. That is assuming you’re freezing your entire pan. As soon as able to reheat, thaw it out. Then bake, lined at 350 levels F for 30-45 minutes or till heated by way of.
- Freeze earlier than baking: To freeze earlier than baking, merely assemble the lasagna as written within the directions, then double wrap with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for as much as 3 months. As soon as able to bake, thaw out then bake based on directions.
Extra cozy dinner recipes you’ll love
Get extra scrumptious consolation meals right here!
I hope you like this cozy roasted vegetable butternut squash lasagna! For those who make it you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Cozy Roasted Vegetable Butternut Squash Lasagna
Splendidly cozy roasted vegetable butternut squash lasagna filled with a rainbow of veggies and the proper steadiness of candy & savory taste. This vegetarian butternut squash lasagna recipe is straightforward to make and full of warming spices. Do not forget these unimaginable layers of melted cheese in each chew! Consolation meals at its most interesting.
- For the roasted veggies:
- 1 purple bell pepper, julienned or lower into chunks
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, julienned or lower into chunks
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces child bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly floor salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the butternut squash layer:
- 1 massive butternut squash (at the least 3 kilos)
- ⅔ cup milk (I like unsweetened almond milk, however any milk will work)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar (or pure maple syrup)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the noodles:
- 10 lasagna noodles
- For the ricotta combination:
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the layers:
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (roughly 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- To garnish:
- Recent chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
Add all the veggies for roasting to a big baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use your fingers to toss the veggies collectively then unfold them out in an excellent layer. Put aside whilst you prep your butternut squash.
Use a pointy knife to chop off each ends of a butternut squash, you’ll lower about ¼-½ inch off every finish. Subsequent lower the butternut squash in half vertically. Place the butternut squash upright or vertically on a wood chopping board that’s very secured to your counter. We don’t need the chopping board or squash to wobble as you narrow it. Use your knife to chop the butternut squash vertically down the center. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds of the lower butternut squash. Place the butternut squash halves flesh facet down on a separate medium baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place each veggies and squash within the oven on two totally different racks. Roast the veggies for Half-hour or till they’re barely golden then take away to chill down. The butternut squash will take barely longer; about 1 hour complete or till the squash may be very fork tender. Put aside to chill for a bit of bit earlier than scooping out the flesh. Preserve warmth within the oven.
Make the butternut squash sauce: switch the flesh of the butternut squash to a excessive powered blender or bowl of a meals processor. Add in milk, brown or coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and salt and pepper. Mix till easy and put aside.
Do that step whereas the veggies and squash roast: Convey a big pot of water to a boil. Prepare dinner the lasagna noodles for 5-6 minutes, then drain. Instantly lay the noodles flat on an oiled baking sheet or chopping board so you’ll be able to simply assemble the lasagna when prepared. An alternative choice is to soak the lasagna noodles in very heat (sizzling) water for 20-Half-hour if you do not need to boil them. (Notice: you may as well use no-cook lasagna noodles, however they don’t seem to be my favourite!)
Within the small bowl, add the ricotta, egg, salt and pepper. Combine till effectively mixed. Put aside.
To assemble the lasagna, unfold 3/4 cup of butternut squash combination over the underside of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place 5 of the cooked lasagna noodles on high, laying 4 vertically and 1 horizontally. Unfold half of the ricotta cheese combination on high of the noodles, adopted by half of the roasted veggies, then high with ¾ cup shredded mozzarella. Subsequent, add 1 heaping cup of the butternut squash combination on high of the mozzarella after which sprinkle with 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Repeat layers as soon as extra: including remaining noodles (4 vertically & 1 horizontally), the remainder of the ricotta cheese combination, remaining roasted veggies, ¾ cup shredded mozzarella, then high with any remaining butternut squash sauce and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Lastly, high with remaining 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese.
Cowl with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Take away foil and bake one other 15-20 minutes till cheese begins to brown only a bit. Garnish with further parmesan and both chopped basil or parsley. Cool for 15-20 minutes earlier than chopping and serving. Serves 12.
Try the complete publish for all of our recommendations on learn how to lower down on prep time, make the lasagna forward of time, and learn how to freeze it two other ways!
Serving: 1serving (based mostly on 12)Energy: 300calCarbohydrates: 28.7gProtein: 15.4gFats: 14.7gSaturated Fats: 7.5gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 4.9g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially revealed on November 2nd, 2021, republished on November thirteenth, 2022, and republished on December fifth, 2023.