Frivolously charred and crispy on the edges, candy and caramelized inside, Roasted Cauliflower is probably the most transformatively scrumptious solution to get pleasure from this cruciferous veggie (particularly in case your solely expertise of it up to now has been avoiding it uncooked on a veggie tray!). It’s simple to make, pairs with something, and also you’ll inhale it proper off of the sheet pan!
Why You’ll Love Crispy Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Veggies are Scrumptious Veggies. If you happen to’re nonetheless ready to fall in love with (and even tolerate) greens, roasting is the #1 solution to get extra of them in your food plan and get pleasure from it on the identical time! From Roasted Butternut Squash, to Roasted Brussels Sprouts, to this medley of Oven Roasted Greens, they style candy and caramelized.
- Versatile. Since cauliflower is gentle, the seasonings are ultra-flexible. You possibly can pair it with no matter else you’re having for dinner. Whether or not you’re cooking Baked Salmon, Air Fryer Rooster Breast, or Stuffed Pork Chops, roast cauliflower is an ideal pairing.
- All the time in Season. As a lot as we love Roasted Asparagus, it’s not nice out of season. You will get good high quality cauliflower at an affordable worth year-round.
Learn how to Make Roasted Cauliflower
- Reduce the Florets. Place on a baking sheet.
- Season and Toss. Use sufficient olive oil to moisten them and any seasonings you want. Transfer them right into a single layer. (You don’t want to cowl baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, although you’ll be able to for those who like.)
- Roast. Prepare dinner cauliflower at 425°F for 22 to half-hour, tossing midway by means of. ENJOY!
Learn how to Season Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower is gentle, and blends properly with a variety of seasonings.
I like to make use of a easy but impactful mix of paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese.
Be at liberty to dream up your personal seasoning combination, herbs, or strive certainly one of these variations:
- Salt + Pepper. You can’t go mistaken with these two traditional taste additions that assist make the cauliflower style its finest.
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower. Swap the spices listed on this recipe for 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Italian Roasted Cauliflower. Use the spices really useful on this recipe, including 1/4 teaspoon crimson pepper flakes. Garnish your roasted cauliflower with chopped contemporary herbs like parsley and lemon zest with a splash of lemon juice.
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower. Swap the spices on this recipe for two teaspoons curry powder and 1 teaspoon floor cumin.
- Mexican Roasted Cauliflower. Omit the paprika, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan. Add 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Garnish roasted florets with lime zest and chopped contemporary cilantro.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate florets in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F or in a skillet on the range.
- To Freeze. Sure, you’ll be able to freeze roasted cauliflower. Place florets in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen or let thaw in a single day within the fridge.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 1 day prematurely, minimize the cauliflower into florets. Refrigerate the florets in an hermetic container.
What to Serve with Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted cauliflower goes properly with nearly any protein, together with each meat and seafood.
Extra Methods to Use Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower Roasting Suggestions
- Reduce the Cauliflower into Evenly-Sized Florets. The extra even the scale, the extra even the roasting.
- Maximize Flat Edges. The extra flat edges that contact the pan, the crispier the cauliflower shall be. See step-by-step pictures for the right way to minimize cauliflower.
- Use Sufficient Oil. Every floret ought to have a pleasant coating. You don’t must drown them in oil, however be certain that they don’t really feel dry or the cauliflower will burn.
- Season it Up. Salt is a should for roasted greens or they may style bland. Even easy salt and pepper will make cauliflower come alive. See extra concepts above.
- Don’t Hassle Boiling. You don’t must boil or soak cauliflower earlier than roasting. If you happen to do, it’s doubtless your cauliflower will find yourself mushy.
- DO NOT CROWD THE PAN. That is the roasted vegetable golden rule. If you happen to crowd the pan, the cauliflower will steam as a substitute of roast. In case your cauliflower is soggy, you doubtless crowded the pan.
FOR CLASSIC ROASTED CAULIFLOWER:
Relying upon the scale of your pan, coat 1 or 2 rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray. You want sufficient pan floor space to carry the entire florets in a single layer with out touching. Place a rack within the heart of the oven (if utilizing 1 baking sheet) or the higher and decrease thirds (if utilizing 2 baking sheets) and preheat the oven to 425 levels F.
Reduce off the stem finish of the cauliflower head so that you’ve got a flat base.
Stand it up on the bottom then minimize it into 4 even wedges, slicing from the highest of the top down by means of the stem. Trim away the interior core areas, leaving many of the wedge intact.
Subsequent, beginning at one of many flat sides, minimize the wedge into ½ inch “steaks” so that you’ve got most flat floor space. Among the florets will fall away. With the knife or your fingers, break up any remaining florets which might be caught collectively. If any florets are wider than 1 1/2 inches, slice them in half once more (the aim is to maximise flat floor space, for the most effective caramelization).
Switch the florets to a baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and the paprika and/or Italian seasoning (if utilizing). Toss to evenly coat. Unfold the florets right into a single layer, dividing them evenly between the 2 pans if wanted. For max caramelization, flip the florets in order that the widest, flattest sides are touching the floor of the pan.
Roast the cauliflower till it’s darkish and crispy on the ends and caramelized within the heart, about 22 to half-hour, relying upon your oven’s energy and the way intently the florets are spaced on the pan. Midway by means of the baking time, toss the florets and unfold them again right into a single layer, rotate the baking sheet(s) 180 levels F, and (if utilizing 2 pans) change their positions on the higher and decrease racks. Sprinkle with parmesan (if utilizing) and extra salt to style. Inhale instantly.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate cauliflower in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm leftovers on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Sure, you’ll be able to freeze roasted cauliflower. Place cauliflower florets in a single layer on a baking sheet, then freeze till strong. Switch the frozen florets to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. Reheat from frozen.
Serving: 1(of 4); with out non-obligatory seasoningEnergy: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFats: 7gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gPotassium: 12mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.