Peanut butter protein balls are the right high-protein snack to munch on post-workout or mid-day whenever you want one thing to tide you over! These protein balls have 9g of protein per ball and don’t require a meals processor!
We’re BIG followers of protein balls right here on Match Foodie Finds and have been making them since this web site launched in 2010! Heck, I’ve been making them since earlier than the web site as a fast grab-and-go snack in faculty.
These peanut butter protein balls are our hottest protein ball recipe on the location and rightfully so. They’re made with simply 6 substances and don’t require a meals processor.
What’s in these peanut butter protein balls?
- Peanut Butter- Although peanut butter provides a complete bunch of wonderful taste to this recipe, it additionally acts as a pleasant binder as properly has provides moisture to this ball recipe. So, if you find yourself deciding what peanut butter to make use of on this recipe, be sure that it’s DRIPPY peanut butter!
- Protein powder- To not scare you, however what kind of protein powder you employ will dictate how chalky your protein balls are! We used Backyard of Life protein powder in these balls and you may barely inform that there’s protein powder.
- Rolled Oats- Oats not solely add a wholesome dose of fiber to those balls, however they provide these protein balls a pleasant chunk and act as a terrific binder to absorb further moisture.
- Honey- Honey is each the sweetener and the glue that holds these balls collectively! Don’t skip it!
- Chia Seeds- These protein balls are a terrific supply of protein AND fiber and omega 3 fatty acids due to these chia seeds!
- Chocolate Chips- I imply, is there a greater mixture than peanut butter and chocolate? I didn’t assume so. Add the mini chocolate chips! Be happy to switch the chocolate chips with vegan chocolate chips and even chopped up chocolate bar!
Get our Prime 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be part of our e-mail checklist for brand new recipes and BONUS: get our prime 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
As a substitute of peanut butter, strive a distinct nut butter equivalent to cashew or almond. Add completely different add-ins into the dough for a straightforward twist equivalent to:
- Chopped nuts
- Mini M&M’s
- Pumpkin seeds
What’s the greatest protein powder for protein balls?
We get this query on a regular basis. What’s the greatest protein powder? Fortunate for you, we’ve achieved an in depth protein powder evaluate on the location and have some choices for you under. You’re greater than welcome to make use of a whey-based protein powder or plant-based.
Fast tip: ensure you just like the style of your protein powder. We’re not enormous followers of stevia, so simply look ahead to that on the label.
Can I exploit collagen powder as a substitute?
You certain can! I really desire it. Very important Proteins Vanilla Collagen has been my go-to on this protein balls recipe. I like how easy and creamy it’s and it doesn’t style like faux certain! Plus, it’s additionally excessive in protein.
Why aren’t my peanut butter protein balls sticking collectively?
In case your protein balls are usually not sticking collectively you most likely want so as to add just a little bit extra moisture. Add a teaspoon of water at a time till your protein balls stick collectively to type a ball!
PS: for this reason we advocate utilizing an all-natural, drippy peanut butter as a result of that further moisture helps these balls stick collectively.
Can I exploit a distinct nut butter?
If you happen to don’t have peanut butter available you’ll be able to substitute the peanut butter with some other DRIPPY nut butter. Simply be certain it’s DRIPPY.
- Cashew Butter
- Almond Butter
- Sunflower Seed Butter
How do I make protein balls all the identical dimension?
You can also make certain all of your protein balls are the identical dimension through the use of a cookie dough scooper or a tablespoon.
Retailer Protein Balls
If you happen to look in my freezer, there may be all the time a bag of protein balls! And this, is my most well-liked option to retailer them.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper after which place the balls on the parchment paper.
- Freeze them for two hours. You do that in order that they don’t stick to 1 one other within the bag.
- Switch them right into a gallon-size plastic bag and take away as a lot air as attainable. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls Recipe
Our peanut butter protein balls are a reader favourite! They’re made with 6 substances, require NO meals processor, and have 9g protein per ball.
Prepare dinner:0 minutes
Place peanut butter, protein powder, rolled oats, chia seeds, honey, and mini chocolate chips right into a medium bowl.
Use a picket spoon or your arms to combine the dough collectively. At this level, start so as to add water by the teaspoon.
Relying on how drippy your peanut butter is, you’ll want so as to add kind of water. The water not solely helps moisten issues so your balls maintain form, however they really assist your balls grow to be much less chalky.
Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your palms. Roll into balls till all dough is gone. You must get someplace between 14-16 balls.
Retailer within the fridge for as much as every week or within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Suggestions & Notes
- Protein powder: All protein powders are completely different and would possibly require a distinct quantity of water. If you happen to use a whey or collagen-based protein powder, you’ll possible want greater than 1/3 cup. We examined with Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein Powder and Very important Proteins Vanilla Protein Powder and wanted to make use of an additional 2.5 tablespoons of protein powder and no water.
Energy: 141kcal Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 9g Fats: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g