This Cinnamon Raisin Bread is scrumptious, selfmade goodness. The tender loaf is studded with raisins, chewy oats, and heat cinnamon taste. It’s straightforward to make, freezes nice, and tastes wonderful!
Scrumptious & Healthful Cinnamon Raisin Bread
There may be nothing on the earth fairly like selfmade bread.. filling your kitchen with that deliciously yeasty scent because it bakes. I’m fairly positive a thick slice of heat, freshly baked bread slathered with softened butter is among the most satisfyingly divine pleasures on the planet.
This cinnamon raisin bread is so easy to make. The loaf rises up gentle and tender, and is studded with gentle raisins and chewy oats. It’s calmly sweetened and each chunk is filled with heat cinnamon taste. It’s completely scrumptious recent from the oven, made into toast, and even used for sandwiches. Topped with a thick smear of butter or cream cheese, it’s the definition of one in all life’s easy pleasures.
Components You Have to Make Cinnamon Raisin Bread:
- Heat Water
- Rolled Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Bread Flour
- Sea Salt
The best way to Make Do-it-yourself Cinnamon Raisin Bread:
- Soak the raisins. Place the raisins in a small bowl with a couple of cup of sizzling water. Cowl and permit to take a seat for a minimum of 10 minutes to permit the raisins to plump up.
- Proof the yeast. Within the bowl of a stand mixer, add the nice and cozy water, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and yeast. Let it relaxation for about 5 minutes or till the yeast has fully dissolved and began to bubble.
- Make the dough. Add the remainder of the brown sugar, heat milk, oats, cinnamon, salt, butter and bread flour to the yeast combination. Stir on low for about 1 minute or till every little thing is mixed. Add the raisins. With the dough hook, knead the combination for 8-10 minutes or till easy and barely cheesy. Add a little bit of flour midway via the knead time if the dough is overly sticky.
- Let the dough rise. Place the dough into a big greased bowl. Cowl calmly and permit to relaxation for about an hour, or till the dough has risen and doubled in measurement.
- Kind the loaf. Place the dough on a calmly floured counter. Form right into a rectangle, then roll the dough as much as type a loaf. Place in a greased loaf pan.
- Permit the dough to rise once more. Frivolously cowl and permit to rise a second time, or till it has as soon as once more doubled in measurement. In direction of the tip of the second rise, preheat the oven to 350 levels.
- Bake. Whisk collectively the egg and a tablespoon of water. Brush the highest of the loaf calmly with the egg wash, then place within the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or till golden brown and the loaf sounds hole when calmly tapped. Whether it is browning too shortly, cowl with foil.
- Take pleasure in! Take away from the oven and permit the bread to chill within the pan for five minutes. Take away from the pan and permit to chill fully on a wire rack earlier than slicing. Baked loaves will be frozen for as much as 3 months when wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Suggestions & Solutions
Substitutions and Taste Variations
For those who’re not a fan of raisins, you’ll be able to depart them out or substitute dried cranberries or currants. However belief me- the raisins are softened and add only a chunk of sweetness. They are surely scrumptious on this bread!
Add nuts! If desired, you’ll be able to add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to the dough in direction of the tip of the kneading time.
Punch up the nice and cozy spice taste by including 1/2 teaspoon floor nutmeg to the bread dough.
For a softer crust, brush the loaf with melted butter when it comes out of the oven.
How lengthy does cinnamon raisin bread keep good for?
Leftover bread will keep recent for about 3-4 days if saved in an hermetic container at cool room temperature. For longer storage, retailer within the fridge or freeze for as much as 3 months. You’ll be able to freeze all the loaf, or slice the loaf and freeze. That is nice in the event you simply wish to pull out a slice or two for breakfast!
Why isn’t my bread dough rising?
In case your dough isn’t rising it’s in all probability as a result of the yeast is outdated, or the water was too sizzling and killed the yeast. The perfect temperature is round 100 levels. While you add the sugar and water to the yeast, you must begin to see the combination begin to bubble up and rise. If it hasn’t, throw it out and use recent yeast.
Can I double this cinnamon raisin bread recipe?
Sure! I normally prefer to double the recipe. I’ll serve one loaf recent, then freeze the opposite loaf for later. If desired, you can even form the dough into smaller loaves. These make nice items throughout the holidays!
On the lookout for Extra Bread Recipes?
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
This Cinnamon Raisin Bread is scrumptious, selfmade goodness. The tender loaf is studded with raisins, chewy oats, and heat cinnamon taste. It is simple to make, freezes nice, and tastes wonderful!
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 massive egg
- 1 tabespoon chilly water
Put the raisins in a small bowl and canopy them with a cup of sizzling water. Let the raisins plump for a minimum of 10 minutes. Drain and toss with a number of tablespoons of flour to soak up any residual moisture.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer, add 1/3 cup heat water, a teaspoon of brown sugar after which sprinkle the yeast over prime. Give it 4-5 minutes to foam and bubble, then stir to totally dissolve the yeast into the water.
Add the nice and cozy milk, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, softened butter and bread flour to the bowl and blend on low for 1 minute. Add the raisins to the bowl. * (see be aware) Knead the dough in your mixer on low velocity with a dough hook for 8-10 minutes to type a easy, barely cheesy dough. Test the dough midway via; if it’s very sticky, add slightly extra flour.
Pour the dough in a greased bowl and canopy with a clear towel or plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a heat place till doubled in measurement, about an hour.
When the dough has completed rising, form it right into a rectangle, and place it in a calmly greased 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pan. Let the dough rise till it is mounded and appears pillowy, about 1 extra hour. In direction of the tip of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon chilly water collectively. Brush the highest with egg wash. Bake for 40-45 minutes till golden brown. If the highest of the bread is browning too shortly, place a chunk of tin foil excessive for the rest of the bake time.
Take away from the oven and let cool within the pan for five minutes. Take away the loaf from the pan and permit to chill fully earlier than slicing. Baked loaves will also be frozen for as much as three months in an hermetic container.
*For those who like small items of raisins, including them in earlier than kneading will break them up and distribute them into very small items via the dough.
Energy: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Trans Fats: 0.05g | Ldl cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.5mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can see numerous scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.