And identical to that, it’s December — holy smokes!
My youngsters have already made their Christmas lists and “snow” is fairly excessive up there for 2 out of my three. Unsure how Santa goes to tug that one out of his purple sack, however possibly a festive, gluten free Christmas cookie may persuade him? 😉
That stated, at present I’m sharing my High 10 Gluten Free Christmas Cookies and Treats to whip up this vacation season. Massive time emphasis on “gluten free however doesn’t style prefer it” as a result of in case your gluten free baked items aren’t nearly as good because the “actual factor” — what’s the purpose?
This recipe roundup is sponsored by my buddies at Cameron’s Espresso and their scrumptious vacation espresso flavors together with Crème Brûlée Latte and White Chocolate Peppermint. Might these flavors BE any extra festive?
My youngsters insist on Home made Scorching Chocolate anytime they arrive in from taking part in within the chilly, or we’re doing something festive like baking Christmas cookies. They’re principally in it for the mini marshmallows.
Me although? I’d choose a enjoyable and flavorful cup of Cameron’s Espresso over scorching cocoa any day.
I’ve been ingesting Cameron’s Espresso completely for over 7 years now. I do know this as a result of after my center youngster, whose identify is Cameron and is 7, was born, my SIL who was over visiting requested, “did you identify him after the espresso?!” when she noticed a field of Ecopods in my cabinet. We didn’t identify him Cameron after the espresso on function, however possibly the repetition of brewing a cup each morning performed an element?!
Properly right here we’re over 7 years later and I nonetheless purchase Cameron’s Espresso every month on the grocery retailer. Their espresso is easy, by no means bitter, and brings espresso store high quality espresso proper to your property.
Vacation Espresso Flavors
The 2 vacation flavors I’m sharing at present embody Crème Brûlée Latte which come as grounds or Ecopods that you need to use in your Keurig. This can be a gentle roast espresso flavored with toasted caramel and vanilla. SO GOOD, and nice to brew on a cold morning, or doll up with a splash of your favourite creamer plus a caramel and crushed cookie rim as a magical nightcap.
The second vacation taste is White Chocolate Peppermint which is one other gentle roast with a candy peppermint spin. I normally drink my espresso black, so I respect the trace of minty sweetness. Every mug is scrumptious by itself, however can be so so particular dolloped with whipped cream and crushed sweet canes to soften into the recent espresso.
Search for these two vacation flavors in shops now!
Whereas a morning within the season that shall not be named is nearly all the time made higher with a scorching cup of espresso, a scorching mug additionally pairs properly with any of the gluten free Christmas cookies I’m sharing under.
It could possibly really feel particularly tough to dwell and eat gluten free in the course of the holidays. Not solely is that this time of 12 months crammed with nostalgia of creating and consuming sure meals that will now not match inside your gluten free way of life, but additionally events, potlucks, and celebrations all centered round FOOD!
I completely get it! It could possibly all really feel traumatic and overwhelming, however with regards to Christmas Cookies, I’ve obtained you lined with these 10 gluten free cookie recipes and deal with recipes which can be good for the vacations.
Greatest Gluten Free Flours for Baking Christmas Cookies
There are dozens and dozens of gluten free flour blends in the marketplace, however I discover these two available blends to be nice for baking Christmas Cookies:
- Bob’s Crimson Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. This can be a incredible “on a regular basis” gluten free flour mix that already consists of xanthan gum as a binder so that you don’t want so as to add the rest to make it work as a 1:1 alternative for all-purpose flour.
- King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour. One other nice 1:1 alternative for all-purpose flour. Be aware: King Arthur has a pair completely different gluten free / paleo flour merchandise, and the packaging all appears to be like very related, so make sure to get the Measure for Measure mix that features xanthan gum inside.
- Almond flour. One of many recipes under requires almond flour, and I don’t discover any explicit model works higher than one other. So long as its licensed gluten free and labeled “tremendous advantageous”, you have to be good to go.
Most gluten free flour blends that include a binder work properly for gluten free cookie recipes, however these are my go-to, by no means fail flour blends for cookies, particularly.
Gluten Free Vacation Baking FAQ
Are you able to present weights for the gluten free flour quantities in your baking recipes?
- The quick reply is, no. The longer reply is, as a result of gluten free flour blends all include completely different grains/starches that every one weigh completely different quantities, the same amount of every mix will weigh completely different quantities. For instance, 1/4 cup of the Bob’s Crimson Mill flour mix I discussed above weighs 37 grams, whereas the identical quantity of the King Arthur mix weighs 31 grams. 1/4 cup of tremendous advantageous almond flour weighs 28 grams, and so forth and so forth!
What’s the easiest way to measure gluten free flour?
- One of the simplest ways to measure gluten free flour is to make use of a spoon to scoop the flour/flour mix right into a measuring cup then use the again of a knife to stage it off. Keep away from packing, particularly when utilizing starches like tapioca starch or corn starch.
Can I make the gluten free cookie dough forward of time?
- Sure! Making gluten free cookie dough forward of time truly makes for a greater cookie as a result of the gluten free flour has an opportunity to correctly hydrate, which ends up in easy, non-gritty cookies. Take a look at the “Why You Ought to Refrigerate Your Cookie Dough” part in this put up for extra info.
Can I freeze gluten free cookie dough?
- For positive. Scoop the cookie dough onto a wax paper or parchment paper-lined half sheet pan. Press down on every dough ball barely in order that they’re extra like pucks vs balls, then freeze stable. Switch the frozen cookie dough into gallon measurement Ziplock freezer luggage then freeze for as much as 3 months. Bake frozen in line with recipe instructions, including just a few further minutes of baking time if wanted.
Can I freeze baked gluten free cookies?
- One other sure! Bake then cool the cookies utterly after which layer them inside gallon measurement Ziplock freezer luggage between sheets of wax or parchment paper. Freeze for as much as 3 months then thaw on the counter.
The place can I discover gluten free Christmas sprinkles?
What chocolate chips are gluten free?
- I exploit Get pleasure from Life baking chocolate for all of my gluten free baking as their merchandise are free from 14 frequent allergens. Greater than that, their chocolate is simply actually good. Additionally they have white chocolate chips which we’ve used to veganize Christmas Crunch earlier than.
With out additional ado, seize your aprons — and a festive cup of espresso — activate some vacation tunes, and lets get to baking!
10 Gluten Free Christmas Cookies and Treats
#1 Comfortable and Chewy Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Aka the one gluten free sugar cookie recipe you’ll ever want. Completely candy with that signature crackly prime. The dough may be baked as circle/drop cookies, or rolled out then lower into shapes with cookie cutters. Really indistinguishable from common sugar cookies.
#2 Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter “Kiss” Cookies had been a Christmas cookie staple in my home rising up, and nonetheless are because of this gluten free model. The mix of crackly, peanut butter cookies with candy chocolate kisses is irresistible. On the time of this writing, common Hershey Kisses ARE gluten free.
#3 Gluten Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
These “gentle batch” model gluten free cookies are filled with warming spices and flavors together with cinnamon, ginger, floor cloves, and molasses. They only scream “holidays!” to me and are unattainable to cease at only one (you’ve been warned). This can be a no brainer pairing with a creamy mug of Cameron’s Crème Brûlée Latte espresso.
#4 Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hacked a field mixture of tremendous common (and tremendous costly!) almond flour cookies and so they style precisely the identical for an entire lot much less. These silver dollar-sized cookies are good for gluten free + grain free cookie lovers.
#5 Christmas Crunch
In case you suppose puffcorn is irresistible by itself attempting smothering it in melted white chocolate then tossing with peanuts, pretzels, M&Ms and gluten free sprinkles. INSANE! That is the gluten free Christmas deal with we make every year to move out to our neighbors and all the time make an additional batch to have available at house.
#6 Chocolate-Peppermint Pet Chow
This peppermint spin on pet chow is legit one of the best factor since sliced (gluten free) bread. My youngsters beg for me to make this every year beginning in early November. A bowl of this with a mug of Cameron’s White Chocolate Peppermint espresso is an ELITE afternoon choose me up!
#7 Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Meet your new, go-to Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. These cookies are made with a handful of on a regular basis components, and are crisp on the within and dense and chewy within the facilities. CCC perfection, if I do say so myself!
#8 Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies
If chocolate + peanut butter in bar type is extra your model, you’ll be able to’t go incorrect with these dense and chewy treats which can be made in simply 1 bowl, and get higher and higher as they sit.
#9 Darkish Chocolate Peppermint Bark
This festive deal with makes for an incredible present as a result of it’s easy to make, and solely requires 3 components. Pair with a bag of Cameron’s White Chocolate Peppermint espresso grounds or Ecopods for tremendous considerate vacation present!
#10 Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m a sucker for a great oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Make it gluten free and with brown butter, and I’m hooked! These simple but particular gluten free cookies are a will need to have on your vacation cookie tray.
Pin for Later!
Pictures by Ashley McLaughlin